StealthEnomics and #Firesidechat are happy to announce that the winner of the $25,000 Entrepreneurs Scholarship Award is…
She is the Founder and CEO of the Red Dot Foundation also known as SafeCity™. According to their website,
“SafeCity™ is a platform that crowdsources personal stories of sexual harassment and abuse in public spaces. This data which may be anonymous, gets aggregated as hot spots on a map indicating trends at a local level. The idea is to make this data useful for individuals, local communities and local administration to identify factors that causes behavior that leads to violence and work on strategies for solutions. Since our launch on December 26, 2012 we have with us 8500+ stories from over 50 cities in India, Nepal, and Kenya.”
- Create awareness about street harassment and abuse.
- Build community leadership and partnerships in order to encourage communities to take ownership of what affects them in order to influence social and systematic change.
- Help those within disadvantaged communities break their silence and report personal experiences.
- Gather and assess sexual violence information in order to showcase location based trends.
- Make the information gathered available to local communities in order for them to come together to affect change.
Check out this video from SafeCity™ below on sexual violence.
Join us in congratulating Elsa D’Silva again!
[fusion_woo_shortcodes][product_category category=”business-advice” limit=”4″ columns=”4″ orderby=”date” order=”asc”][/fusion_woo_shortcodes]